Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ooh my aching butt!

This is officially my first week where I told myself that I am going to sweat in out in the gym 5 times a week. Previously, i have been going 2 -3 times a week and mainly for Body Attack classes. Body Attack is a high intensity workout and involves a series of high energy exercise moves for cardiovascular fitness. I think i am seriously addicted to this because it really makes me sweat. Ok, i have decided to add two more gym classes to my schedule which is Body Pump and RPM.

Body Pump involves weights and i did that once and pulled a ligament on my bicep so that didn't turn out too good for me but i really have to start doing it at least once a week for toning. now, RPM...omigosh!! RPM is basically indoor cycling and gosh..i seriously do NOT know how these people do it! My butt is sooo SORE that it is no joke. I had to practically lie down flat on my tummy on the floor simply because my butt hurts! And my legs..oooh..i can feel my legs almost giving me cramps in the middle of the class..which is NOT good! I borrowed Ironchef's heartrate monitor to see how my heart rate was during RPM and it went up to 180+ and i only burned 303 calories!! 303 calories?? an apple pie from McD is already 293 calories and i didn't have to hurt my butt eating that and it only takes me 5 minutes to finish eating that apple pie but 45 mins to burn it off AND that includes a very sore BUTT and aching legs!!

Oh well, as the saying goes, no pain no gain! Now if you excuse me while i go soothe my aching breaky BUTT!

No comments:

Post a Comment