Monday, February 8, 2010

Chinese New Year Around the Corner

This will be our third time celebrating Chinese New Year without any parents or relatives. I must admit it is really quiet having to celebrate festive occasions like these without family and being in Australia where there is no atmosphere of the new year makes it abit hard trying to cheer up and prepare for such a joyous occasion.

Albeit all this, I try hard to make it as happy as possible and to get into the mood and swing of it all, I even bought CNY dvd's and CD's from Malaysia so i play them in the house as i go around decorating my house. I have even invited close friends to celebrate CNY reunion dinner with us and thanks to my mum who bought me a packet of "Yee Sang" so at least i can toss it over here! I love my yee sang!

I am even learning to bake some CNY goodies like pineapple tarts etc..*wish me luck* Well as the saying goes, Beggars can't be choosers..so we just have to make the most out this joyous occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment